Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Back in OZ, doors are opening, visions are forming!

I touched down on the airplane the morning of the 8th of July, having been daydreaming the whole trip of what my time here would look like. Getting off the plane with a massive smile on my face made me realize how much of a home I've really made Australia feel.  And on the way over, I was realizing how free I am to do - well - whatever.  I met someone in the airport who invited me to stay with her friends in Sydney. It struck me, that I'm more than free to do things like that; make friends easily.  If I didn't have friends waiting for me in Brisbane, I just might have...

I've been praying for open doors. I'm here, God, You sent me, here I am, I'm willing. I'm trusting. You'll provide.
And a door has been open for an opportunity to go to NSW for 3 months to do construction on a building of a friend of mine to extend my working holiday visa for one more year. Australia seems to be a perfect place for me to continue cultivating vision with God.  I'm continuing to pray for further direction. I know my goals and have my dreams, but the journey to get there is the part that I'm trying to figure out.

Ultimately, my vision is to use music in mission.  Eventually I'd like to be able to support my own and other people's mission work through my music, as well as open doors to relationships and travel to tell people about Christ. Music has SUCH influence over society. It not only impacts culture, but reflects the culture that it is made in.. I want to bring Kingdom Culture into my music; but in a not fake/"Christian" cheep sound. Something real, and quality, that reaches people's hearts, that people can really relate to.  I want my music to be multi-cultural, use instruments of other cultures, and work with musicians from all over the world.  Kind of create cultural awareness in a way - bridge a gap, music is a language for all to understand. Use random sounds as well, such as my video Under The Shooting Stars where I used a tape dispenser with sand in the bottom as a shaker, and used the sound of ripping tape as percussion as well. Check it out here:


I'm developing my style for sure, this last 3 months in Montana was wonderful for that!  I feel my vision, direction, and identity in Christ were really refined.  I focused all my time and energy in the studio learning the music software.  I'm not wasting time for sure - I want to develop the gifts God's given me to the best of my ability, to be a good steward of my body, time, and resources.  I was also able to write music for a feature film being finished up in Vancouver BC Canada called The Delicate Art of Puppetry.  This has been such a pleasure to work on, and I look forward to doing more film music in the future! Doing the Digital Film making school has opened a whole new world of musical opportunity and possibility for me.

I want to make videos along with my music that tell stories.  Kind of like Ed Sheeran, the way he only pops up in his videos once or twice because his music focuses on the story told along side; but my content would definitely be much different than his of course (as our world views are entirely different..)  Under The Shooting Stars wasn't a story, but it was a good start I feel in getting things out on youtube, and I want to be doing more of this in this next season.  Eventually I really want to direct my music video stories though!

I'm praying into many opportunities.  Getting a job here in Australia, potentially extending my visa another year, maybe joining staff here at YWAM Brisbane working in their cafe and in the music studio, applying to Universities in New York and London, doing an online music career mentoring program starting in August which I was accepted into, or going home and spending time with my parents.  In whatever I do, I do NOT have a heart to go into debt.  


~PRAYER REQUESTS~
I'd so appreciate your prayers for direction for me! For God to continue to open doors. I'm definitely a go-getter, but God has always opened the right doors usually when and where I least expect and often when I don't try (so he's telling me to chill out a bit and not worry.)
Please pray for provision! For opportunities to make ends meet here - be it music gigs, teaching piano, a job, babysitting, youtube, potentially going onto support if I join YWAM again, etc.  
I'm also praying for EQUIPMENT! I'd love to have my own midi/88 key keyboard so I can continue honing my skills as a musician more proficiently and on my own time. Also for Pro-tools, so I can record and keep the skills up that I gained in Montana.  Pre-amp, like a focus rite, and the proper cables would be wonderful. A good microphone! And a CAR! That would definitely make life easier - especially if I end up working in the country town in New South Wales soon.
But most importantly just keep praying for my heart; that I'll persevere through the good and bad times, and put God first in everything I do or it's all worthless anyway.  That I'll put what He says about me first and about my life. That I won't just conform to what this world says I should do, or to what's most comfortable. That I'll be a risk taker if He asks me to be!  That I'll continue the race with strength and faith, and be focused on God and bringing others to Him too.

Be blessed my friends!

XOXO Heidi Lillian Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment