Monday, January 7, 2013

Upcoming adventures: YWAM MAD DTS in February!


My dearest friends!
The ultimate journey in life is when we decide to put aside our Earthly desires and follow the callings that God has placed on our hearts and minds.  Life is a long journey of exploration and learning, and mine lately has been full of twists and unexpected turns! My journey has led me here, to this blog.  I’d love to have the privilege of taking you along with me in spirit on my upcoming adventure of following God’s call in my heart!
       I have the opportunity to attend a Discipleship Training School (DTS) through Youth With A Mission (YWAM) in Brisbane, Australia beginning this upcoming February.  YWAM is an international Christian organization focused on equipping young adults with the skills they need to use their gifts and talents to spread the good news of Jesus Christ throughout the world  (http://ywam.org/).  The specific DTS I will attend has a focus on Music, Art, and Dance (they call it the MAD DTS. Visit http://www.goywam.com/ if you’d like to read more about it.)
         A couple things that the first three or four months of the DTS will consist of is learning more about God’s character and developing our personal Godly character through deep study of His word; an emphasis on global-awareness and cross-cultural exposure; as well as developing our practical skills in the arts.  The following two or months will be the outreach phase, in which we will either travel to another country or to a different region of Australia. During that time, we will practically apply our training from the first three months on the mission field.
        This is where you come in, if you’d like to join me!  I’d truly cherish your support in prayer:  prayer for the team of people God is bringing together, that we will all come together as brothers and sisters in Christ with the same purpose, to make His name known!  Also prayer for the hearts that we are going to reach, that they will be open to hearing the gospel that God preaches through us.  Another thing to pray for is our practical needs, such as finances, health, and safety for the trip.
        One big concern I have right now is financing my trip, which tends to feel overwhelming, but for God anything is possible in His will and word!  My finances are due in increments throughout the trip.  $1825.00 (Australian Dollars) is due January 23, 2013, which I am able to pay through jobs that have been provided for me this last semester, praise God!  $2435(AUD) is due on March 15, 2013, an outreach deposit of $2000 AUD is due the 6th week into the DTS, and then the remaining outreach costs are announced and due in the 18th week of the DTS. 
        If you feel led to give financially, there are several possible ways of accomplishing this.  If you have a paypal account, you can send money through there to accounts@goywam.com, just be sure to let them know that the money is being sent for Heidi Osborne’s school fees.  I also have a donate button on the right side of this blog, in which you can donate straight from your paypal account to mine.  If you’d like to use your credit or debit card, send me an email at Heidi.Osborne@gmail.com and I’ll forward you a form that you can fill out and then email to YWAM.  Another option is to send cash or checks directly to me and I will use it towards my school fees. 
       Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments, or let me know if you are praying!  I am planning on keeping up this blog while I'm on the trip, so if you're interested in all the that's on, feel free to subscribe to me here!
                  Thank you so much for your time!

God bless you!
                           Heidi Lillian Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment